Tuesday 6 September 2016

Living up to Expectations

I had a very special guest when our baby girl was just one-month-old at that time. One of her four godmothers flew in all the way from Borneo, the Malaysian state of Sarawak, to meet with her under a 'covert' mission that I don't leak out her identity over social media so I will leave it at that. She is one of the three godmothers who are staying in Sarawak and yes our girl is truly blessed to have one goddaddy and four godmothers.

We then talked overnight and talked and talked and talked while taking turns to care for our baby girl.
Then the inevitable talk happened. How much does our house cost and how much does it cost for me to exit my business just before our baby girl was born and how are we coping with me slowing down my work to concentrate on my newborn baby girl. Then she talked about how much her household income is and whatever she earn every month, her salary is distributed for the expenses and she is left with very little savings at the end of the day. 

Money cannot buy happiness, but usually that is spoken by bitter people who feel they don't have enough money and they may have a love-hate relationship with money. Like JT Foxx World's No 1 Wealth Coach said, only broke people will use the excuse Money cannot buy happiness because He, JT Foxx has got lots of money and he is very happy! 

I think money has nothing to do with being happy, happiness comes from being comfortable in your own skin. If you are already happy you will be happy with or without money. So please don't equate money to happiness. Having money is not a sin. Not having money is not a sin either.

Okay today is the end of the first week of September and we have exactly 3 months and 3 weeks left in 2016.

We shall see what I say about money a few weeks down the road as I am undergoing huge transformative changes in mindset with special help from people who are good in what they do, so we shall see if my mindset about money improves or drastically change in the coming weeks. I am sure it will change but maybe not that much?

You see I have been brought up by two low key and down to earth parents, they are school teachers, money was never something we pursue, it is always 'safe' to hold a regular job with a stable employer and wait for that pay at the end of the month. Doing business is seen as greedy and businessmen are usually sneaky and cunning, and just out to cheat you of your money, that was what I got from my growing years and while I know these messages are irrational as I know really nice and very humane business people now that I myself am a businesswoman myself it is funny how these childhood programming cannot leave your subconscious.

So I embark on my journey of self discovery and trying to experience a paradigm shift as far as money and wealth is concerned.

Let the blessings of abundance and wealth and all the good things in life be received with open arms, heart and mind on every level. Shall update this again soon. *wink*

I end this with a quote from Walt Disney - A man should never neglect his family for business. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment