Saturday 25 June 2016

The house makes sounds early dawn

So I was staying up late today and the clock shows 4.18am. Burning the midnight oil to catch up on work while the rest of the world at least in this part of the world are asleep.

I first heard it at 4am an echo caused by metal clanging on my chrome staircase railings. Soft but firm. I ignored it and sure enough it repeated within five minutes. Then the story that I heard last week about the recent death of the teenage girl who used to grow up in my current house replayed itself in my mind. This girl grew up with her family and walked up and down these stairs for many years before they moved away and just recently early June passed away suddenly. The father actually dropped by and burned incense and placed apples and oranges under the tree in front of our house about a week after her death. Perhaps he has this belief that her soul may wander back to her childhood home and no incense burning for her to sustain her soul (Chinese belief which is more cultural than religious). 

My overactive mind started whirring louder and I half expected to see lurking at every corner, a female figure in white with long straight rebonded hair like how the Asian horror movies portray their female spirits. Then I calmed myself down and took a deep breath and feel the atmosphere, a lizard just tsk tsk tsk away as if shaking its head at my foolish thoughts and fear of this poor girl's spirits. If anything I should offer a silent prayer to the spirit of this teenage girl and may she rest in peace and may her surviving father find peace in her loss.

RIP 😢 May all beings be well and happy. 

Have a calm weekend everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment